Dana to Petra Feynan Trail
Feynan Trail is one of the most famous camping trips in Jordan, the Dana to Petra trek is an unforgettable experience through the ever-changing landscapes of Jordan’s southern regions. The trek was named by National Geographic as ‘one of the world’s best treks,’ and not without good reason. The varying and beautiful terrain, the colourful and hospitable locals, and the chance to see Jordan in a way only a handful of people get to experience are only a few reasons why you should take this venture on.
If the natural attractions aren’t enough, the route ends with the Nabatean masterpiece, Petra. The city in the rocks holds days worth of exploration by itself, and the short route that we take through it is meant only to display a few of its highlights and to provide a base for further wanderings, not to fully capture its depth. Few other long-distance trails can boast stages as consistently spectacular as this or end in a place as worthy of a visit as Petra.
– Total Walk Distance: approx 75 Km
-Duration: 4 Days
Main sites in the Dana to Petra Region and Feynan Trail:
- Wadi Dana Biosphere Reserve and countless other natural wonders
- Feynan ruins and ancient copper mines
- Feynan ecolodge
- Hidden stream and waterfall in Wadi Feid
- Little Petra, an outpost of Petra in the same city-in-the-cliffs style
- Petra, Nabatean capital and wonder of the world
Assemble in Queen Alia Airport and drive to the south of Jordan to reach Dana.
Today is our first day, we will meet in Queen Alia airport and drive all the way to the south of Jordan, to Dana Biosphere Reserve. We will stay tonight in Dana Tower Hotel, have dinner, rest our bodies to recharge for our hike tomorrow.
Dana Biosphere Reserve to Feynan to Wadi Al Sakaneen
Walk Distance: 16 km
Elevation: High 1202masl / Low 211masl
Camp @ elevation: 211 masl
We start our hike in Dana, the largest nature reserve in Jordan, the Dana Biosphere Reserve covers nearly 320 KM2 of natural, rugged landscapes. The view is unparalleled and makes for a pleasant start to our adventure. We begin the hike with a steep descent towards the Dana valley to reach Feynan. On the way we will eat our lunch box with a cup of Bedouin tea, while enjoying the serenity of nature. Our car will be waiting for us in Feynan, to drive us to camping area in Wadi Abu Sakakeen, 10 km to the south of Feynan, where we will find our camp, then have dinner, enjoy the night next to the fire and then sleep.
Wadi al-Sakakeen to Ras Al Fayd
Walk Distance: 14 km
Elevation: High 266masl / Low 211masl
Camp@ elevation: 323 masl
Have early breakfast, take our lunch boxes and trek through a desolate, barren landscape that is harsh, but beautiful non the less. The area is littered with shards of black and ashen volcanic stones without a tree in sight. Today’s hike will prove to be a challenging one, as we ascend up the mountains to pass by Rasal-Fayd where we will camp, a beautiful water stream with 13 waterfalls. Have dinner and rest for the night.
Ras AlFayd to Qboor Al Wheidat
Walk Distance: 16 km
Elevation: High 1295masl / Low 763masl
Camp @ elevation: 264 masl
Have early breakfast, take our lunch boxes and head to Qboor Al Wheidat. Today’s diversity we will see is incomparable to any other part. We will be able to see the progress that we have done in the past few days, to leave us in the awe that how our bodies are capable of doing. Once we reach our camping area, we will have dinner and rest for the night
Qboor AlWheidat to Little Petra “Al-Beidah” Walk Distance: 8 km
Elevation: High 1100 masl / Low 264 masl
Finish @ elevation: 810 masl
Today is going to be an easy day. We will have early breakfast, take our lunch boxes and head to Little Petra, while over viewing Wadi Araba and beautiful mountains of Jordan Valley. Reach Albeidah (Little Petra). We will have a lunch break and then hike through a winding stone canyon in Beida, called Siq Albared (Cold Canyon). We’ll walk around and explore the ancient ruins before heading to our camp “Ammarin Bedouin Camp” to check in, have a hot shower, and enjoy the peaceful place with all the history that it has to offer. Of course we will have a delicious Bedouin dinner cooked by Bedouin families. After that, we will enjoy the night while sitting next to the fire, drinking Bedouin tea, being surrounded by the beautiful mountains and gazing at the stars.
Little Petra “Al-Beidah” to Petra
Walk Distance: 12 km
Elevation: High 1000 masl / Low 450 masl
Today is our last day in the trip. After having breakfast, we will take our lunch boxes and head to Petra, one of the seven wonders of the world, through the back trail route. It is a route that is not familiar by most of the visitors to Petra. It’s a unique way to explore the Rose City. We will have lunch on the way while watching the Monastery and drinking fresh juice. Then continue our way to explore a big part of the ancient city. After that, we will head back to our camp to take our extra bags, take a shower and head to the airport to catch out flight.
- International flight from Dubai to Amman
- Tour leader, local Bedouin escort and a chef
- Tour leader from Adrenaline Travel
- Donkey for the whole trip, in case of evacuation is needed
- Petra entrance fee
- Truck during the trip from Dana to Petra to haul extra gear and water, and evacuate if necessary
- Full board: Arabic Food for all the days varying between breakfast, lunch boxes and dinner (fruits, vegetables, date, meat, chicken, soup, Arabic bread, etc)
- Tents & mattresses
- Drinking and non-drinking water for the team
- Hot tea & coffee
- First aid kit
- Photography and documenting for the beautiful moments in the trip
- Travel Insurance
- Personal apparels, toiletries, medicine, etc
- Pocket money and tips
- Bar, mini bar, sheesha, laundry, and room service.
- Any item not in included in the second clause “The offers include”
What to bring:
- Hiking backpack(20-30 liters)
- Duffel bag (30 liters) for the extra clothes and luggage
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping pad
- Comfortable clothes for all 5 days
- Hiking boots
- Hiking poles (Important)
- Headlight/flashlight (Important)
- Fleece Sweater (Important)
- Jacket (Important)
- Flip flops/Sandals
- Cap/Buff/Head Cover/Bandana
- ID/Passport (Important)
- Lights Snacks for the hike – important between meals
- Toiletries and other personal items (soap – toothpaste – medication)
- Sun screen
- Contact us as there is certain nationalities can get visa upon arrival (UAE residents)
- Visa Approval / Rejection: Please note that approval or rejection of visa is done at the sole discretion of the Embassy. We can under no circumstances assure grant or approval of visa. Therefore, we will not be held responsible for approval or rejection of your visa, as we are act as an intermediary in the application process. In the eventually of a visa getting rejected, We will adhere as per cancellation policies outlined in this document